Shelving the UFO

Well I took count today of what I have accomplished and how many I need to go.  I still need to rip out 13  nine patches and associated melons.  I got 5 more ripped today and come across the tricks of another quilter.  As you recall in my previous posts on this quilt, post 1 and post 2, I am attempting to fix someone else’s UFO.

So I got to the block above and had to share the tricks of the seam allowance I have been dealing with as well as the odd seam to fix a mis-cut?  It will work as it will not be as noticeable.  So 5 more ripped out and 13 more to go.  Several more to sew.  stacks

After doing some fabric rearranging and purging today I have determined it is bad feng-shei to work on this one more day consecutively.  So, it has officially been shelved.  I am still going to make a pattern of this block since I am stripping it down to bare bones.  The blocks I measured today are 3 1/4 inches.  I will draw it out on graph paper and upload it to share with everyone after it has been shelved long enough for me to get back my gumption.  To be continued…….

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “Shelving the UFO

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s