The algorithm in life, things happen in threes. First it was my car, then it was the TV. Then the dryer. All three things have been fixed by us. All very technical but doable if you have the right tools. I have had graduations, illness of the whole family, Dad was hosipitalized, and I worked overtime which all converged and became of cluster of time. Things are normalizing! Normal is lovely.
In my last post, Vintage Sheet Quilt in the Works, I showed you my preferred method of using vintage sheets because they are scootin’ little critters.
I have sewn the large interfacing panel and got that completed but I did not account for shrinkage with all those 1/4 seams….a duh quilter moment.
This is the size I started with
In the midst of things, I snapped a few photos in between the start and the finish.
And finally, laying on the same mattress (twin) I have ended up with this.
No overhang anymore which is ok. I will shear this off on the edges, add some white and have already started more gridded squares going for a row all the way around after the white. Sometimes when quilters start projects and don’t plan ahead, you end up not knowing what to do. It sometimes turns into a UFO. But I am enjoying this process so much as it is quick and easy, that is it is just enough for my creative mind.
I have a whole shoebox left of squares and anticipating making many quilts with a grid theme. My next one will be a square of smaller squares and then star points added with larger pieces of sheets. Goodness me I have amassed quite a collection of these with another planned swap in late summer.
Pictured here is the back of the quilt top after all the rows were stitches. It was so nice to sew and sew and sew and not have to iron. I ironed at the very end. I am curious to know how this will quilt up on my DSM.
In other news, I am involved in a fabric swap with the members of the missouri star forums. That starts today and we are swapping reds, oranges, and yellows. I can’t wait to see what I end up with. The last fabric swap I was in, the theme was polka dots, and I made this quilt from those 10 inch squares. And I see I cannot go and retrieve that file because my archive expired. 😦 as the rest of the internet images of it on pinterest.
Here is a small thumbnail of it though, all polka dot fabric, front, sashing, and back with bubble quilting all over.
I start working overtime again this week so my sewing will taper off again. But because I am working with a smaller piece of interfacing I should be able to sew a snippet of this every night and still make progress, just on a smaller scale.
I look forward to hearing from you! Feel free to comment about Random things in the comment section. Comments are fun!