Last week, another flower bloom was released by corrianderquilts.com for free pattern download. I find such inspiration in these gems. You have the freedom to take these in any direction you wish, and they are not hard!
Viewing others progress on these flowers, I am stunned by creativity, as well as clever fabric placement. They are all so beautiful and will make the perfect flower “bed”. I will anxiously await the next bloom release. Until then, I am caught up!
I decided for fun to lay them out on the floor to see what they look like all together.
The gray one seems to be the black sheep of the family, eh? I will have to remedy that by careful neutral selection in the upcoming months.
Last week, I set some goals. I would like to take the time to revisit these goals:
Finish Laundry Basket Quilts mystery 2021 top.Completed! Bind Laundry Basket Quilts mystery 2021 green quiltNot only completed, but handstitched in a day! Complete two more flowers for the Corriander Quilt alongCompleted as seen above!
I find when I make a list, it is so much easier to tackle one thing on the list at a time. When you focus on one thing, it goes so much faster. You are less distracted. And it is ever-so-satisfying to check it off the list! I don’t know why I quit setting goals?????
I also set goals for the month:
- Finish the Moda scrap bag quilt…Quilted ready for binding which will happen over the weekend.
- Send the moda scrap bag quilt and the
green laundry basket quilts mystery to Sew Yeah Brothersfor their chairty drive for Quilts for Alaska Homeless. I have completed and sent this quilt. Bind the quilt below and get that ready to show at the quilt hop.See below
- Work on the Jan Stawasz doily
I put my big girl pants on and proceeded to bind yet another quilt.
I decided to do a little something different for the edge of this. I wanted it to pop. So I selected two fabrics for the binding. If you will noticed just a sliver of black outlines the turquoise edge. I need to do this again on one of my quilts. (This quilt is pre-sold). So I had yet another joyous fling with this quilt and the manipulation of fabric and colors. It will be a customer win, win!
This leaves two items on my agenda for the upcoming week, which I will have no problem achieving.
And I will be working a bit on the Jan Stawasz doily.
It is such a wonderful thing to be able to clean off your tables that were once full of your almost done projects! I now have one table completely clean. This will change with the binding of the quilt tonight.
Now I need to work down my shelves of projects. I have put up a poll and am asking readers to vote on what I should work on next. Have you voted on my poll? If you are interested in determining my blog content, please go vote! Click here and then scroll down to the poll.
Now, I probably need to set new goals as my list has dwindled to very little. For the coming week, I need to do the following:
- Bind the Moda Scrap bag quilt and send it off to Sew Yeah for the quilt drive for the Alaska homeless
- Figure out a new border for my yellow mystery quilt by laundry basket quilts, and start sewing on borders
- Work on the Jan Stawasz doily
- In the coming month start back work on the winning viewers choice from the poll
- Start quilting on the yellow mystery quilt by laundry basket quilts (I have picked out a pattern already)
- I have been selected to do a demo for Chenille Quilting for our local quilt hop (really excited about this). I will planning and sewing some demo material for the chenille quilting technique. Be looking for a tutorial on this coming soon.
- Enjoy some kitten goodness as we have a momma kitty who is ready to pop any day.
Ooops almost forgot to include the picture of the yellow and black mystery quilt. You have to stand a good distance away from this pattern for you to be able to see the pattern. Same held true for the green quilt. I thought it was me. Turns out it is just a busy pattern.
In the upcoming two months
- I have committed to quilt a quilt for free for Sew Yeah Alaska Quilt drive. I am looking forward to this challenge.
Right now I will just enjoy my clean tables in all their project (or lack of) glory.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Be safe! And thank you for reading my blog!